Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Things to remember just in case I will have Alzheimer's Disease

Just wanna share a few shots I’ve been keeping on my phone for ages (basically ‘coz I don’t own a computer yet… this is an appeal mum…^_^). As much as I wanted to just post all sorts of pictures, my dog Deinos thinks it wouldn’t really capture much attention if I don’t follow certain kind of flow (‘aw aw”- my dog agrees). So to start, here’s a picture of me more than a decade ago…

That’s me with the toy truck. I’m beside the crying boy, you idiot! Oh, why am I so adorable? I wanted to post the picture showing the naked me when I was still a baby but my dog barked again with disagreement. Lol. Anyway, the picture above was shot at our house in Bombon long ago. My parents decided to move to the city when this house was invaded by two large-grown snakes (seriously). When I was three, we moved to Naga City where I was raised and started my life with really amazing people. Here’s a picture of me at my Aunt’s wedding:

I was fat, wasn't I not? Lol. This shot was taken when I was five during my aunt Ofel’s wedding at Quipayo Church. I hardly remember that day… (God, I’m slowly experiencing early symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease).

That’s me with my sister. Her name’s Myka, and I’m three years older than her. We used to teased each other. The day won’t end without me making her cry. LOL. Once, she traded with me her 20 peso bill with my 5 peso worth of coins. I said she could buy more candies with the coins than with the bill. Lol. She was 2 and I was five. That’s fair trade. Haha.

That’s me again with my sister. Look at my robo-transformer. I still remember it misplaced somewhere in the house. Hmm.. I wonder if it’s in one of the boxes of toys under my bed. Better check it out later…

This is one of the funniest pictures ever… see the resemblance?? Haha. I’m not really that close with my father. I’m more of a momma’s boy.

This was one of the most unforgettable Christmas party ever. The year was 1998 and I was among the “dumbest” of the batch. When I was in grade three, I belonged to the smart section but when I was in grade four, they put me in the 3rd section. I messed up with some of the subjects under Mrs. Mañago, my adviser in my grade 3 and the person who had my ears pinched after I played over her bougainvillea plants. (ouch! That hurts!). Going back, I was on the third section and was the brightest under Ma’am Paglinawan’s class. Unfortunately, she filed a maternal leave, forcing us to settle with a not-so-good substitute teacher for a month. During Ma’am Paglinawan’s absence, some of her students including myself, was chosen to be among the last section. The school was experiencing problems on the large number of students per classroom so it decided to occupy the vacant room near the warehouse. Ten students were randomly picked from the 7 existing Grade four classroom. The picture above shows the ‘chosen few’ who were tagged as the dumbest. People associate the class as the lowest section and I was among them. From third section, I instantly went down to eight. But the truth is, it did not really matter to me. Contrary to what people are saying, I was really challenged having Leslie and her folks around who fought hard with me in academics. Besides, it was then that I experience life’s turning point. The class’ adviser, the tall woman in the picture had cancer and we were really concerned about her. I really do not know what happened to her now. But I was really touched by her life and sufferings. I emerged First Honor in the class and on the day of the recognition, Ma’am Paglinawan was there staring so mad at me. She never wanted to lose such a great student like me (yabang). I disproved the connotation that we were the ‘brightest among the dumbest” when we had the principal surprised with how high our grades were. On the next school year, Leslie, her folks and I were among the upper 10% of the batch. I ranked 2nd Honors in the entire batch when I was in Grade five and even got the 3rd Honorable mention spot during the elementary graduation. How cool is that?!

Yeah.. The taste of early achievement…

This was the new Naga City Science High School, my alma mater. I’m so proud I have chosen to be in this school. As of now, studies show that the students here are far better than those in private schools. It outpaced Ateneo High School. Yeah! Rock on Science High!

Then, graduation came. I surpassed the four years of dealing with freaky teachers: some I would say too genius and some greater than a genius. I faced all of them: their unusual attitudes and way of thinking, their assignments and projects that normally took me 3 days to finish, and even their mood swings. Yeah! Cheers to graduation! I will never forget graduation and my very own self-conceptualized machine, CHICKEN DEFEATHERING MACHINE:

It was also in my High School that I experienced being in love… and still am in love with the same person. This picture was taken when we were in Third Year High school after my Art Class and after her cheer and dance practice (we’re both exhausted):

We also had our proms at the Regent Hotel on two consecutive years during my junior and senior year. I went with the same date. The two proms were really important since the two weren’t alike. The junior prom was not that special but it marked the beginning of my love life (yahoo). It was then that I realized that I should take an extra effort to win Dane’s heart. After the prom, I got out of my nerves, went of the box and forgot how my pride drives me. I succeeded. I won her heart and we we’re together happily. Everything was perfect: the cake she baked for me but was given to the ants for a cause, the letters we secretly slid on each other’s locker, the making of palitaw in her house before the break of dawn, the exchange of gifts, the Rapunzel-let-down-your-hair kind of stuff (since our rooms were in front of each other only that hers was on the second floor and mine's on the first), the usual conversation on topics like who was the faithful servant in the Harry Potter novel, how cool was Alias as a spy, and how beautiful was the moon last night. We were like kids, only so deeply in love. I was Michael and she was Celine in one movie entitled uhmm.. I forgot. I was Leo and she was Piper in Charmed, where we had two sons: Wyatt and Chris. God, remembering these things make me cry… (your guess is right- where no longer together… someone cheated). All these things are something not worth letting go. Moving on is so damn hard. I still love her even if she caused me anxiety when she said she’ll be heading to Canada, when Penny saw her walking with a new guy and when she simply ignored my messages… (all things she disproved…). Going back…

That was me together with some lads: Alex, Fiel, Enzo, Pavia and Mikel. Fiel was a close friend of mine who fell in love with Farhana, another close friend. Farhana’s parents never wanted the two together because Farhana’s a Muslim. Fiel had himself converted into a Muslim to prove how mush he loved Farhana. He went to Mindanao and currently he’s in Saudi Arabia taking futher studies on Islamic law. Farhana stayed here in Naga and rumors say that her parents already had an arranged wedding set up for her. Tragedy. Tsk3. I miss the two. I will never forget how Farhana made me hide off the closet because no males were allowed in there house and class project is no excuse. I will never forget the kindness of Fiel, his complexion, and his subtle moves. I remember when he had to abandon his family in search for what he wants. I really adore his bravery and self-support. He is the person who ought to treat you in a jeepney fare even if he is suffering from financial burdens when his family somehow had condemned him. Poor Fiel. Poor Farj. I really wish I could help.

The guy beside me is Alex. He’s a great man. He is so intelligent and industrious. He is graduating this March as Magna Cum Laude in Ateneo in his accounting course. Enzo is also an intelligent young man with charming dimples. He won several awards in several uhmm..let say, pageants… The other two, Pavia and Mikel are not close friends of mine. But I heard they’re fine. Nothing to say.

That’s Richard and Marlyne. Richard is the universal treasurer. He has been elected as the class’ treasurer for his entire high school years. Chad, was my seatmate and my best friend (especially during exams). Marlyne is my close friend and neighbor (if you call houses 25 blocks apart as neighbors). Marlyne is an independent woman with strong will power. She used to bike around our village and visit nearby friends, including me, whenever she finds the assignment ambiguous or when she totally forgot the whole assignment. God, I miss this two.

That was me at the center with Rizzy and Samantha. Rizzy is a really funny girl who usually misplaces her things and end up getting irritated of herself. One time, she was looking for her eyeglasses. It took her 4 hours to search for it in her locker, in her bag and other people’s bag, and even in the trash can. It was then that she realized that what she was looking for was above her head, all this time like a turban. Lol. There’s more to Rizzy than that. She lost her wallet at the O’brien Library (which fortunately I saw), her A1 collections (people would be so stupid to steal Rizzy’s A1 collection), and a whole lot more! Rizzy has always been the victim of stolen notebooks a week before the exam. She writes basically every word the teacher said, and what is written on the board. Luckily the notebooks that were stolen magically appear after the exam.

Samantha, after graduation went to United States. She was often called Mommy Sam (I think the brother of Uncle Sam). She has always been caring and approachable. I really like her. I adore her amazing writing skills. She basically nails Spelling Exams of Ms. Teran, the test a usually fails so I had to bring a pack of candies every meeting. I miss Sam… hope she still comes back… or if not, I wish I could come visit her in the future. ^__^

Then I went to college at Ateneo de Naga University. I am graduating this March as an overqualified Cum Laude. I am still expecting to have service awards but the committee has not released the official list of awardees yet. I came across rigid interviews and screening so I’m basically keeping my fingers crossed on the awards. After graduation? I am really at lost. I don’t know what to pursue or what job to do. Then I stumbled into one major plan:

GO WITH THE FLOW MIKE!

(from the Left: Jun, Barri, Apz, Chiwee, Jan, Tordz, Jing, Micha, Patrick)

I learned a lot in college. And along with the entire process of learning are friends who have been with be in the rough times and the happy times. The Tropang Ulupong- the survivors of the Business Management Honors’ Program Challenge. We started off 24 out of the 5,000 applicants. In March, only nine of us are graduating. The Top 9! Yeah. I’m so proud I survived!

I attended several seminars like this: The Financing Forum and SMEs Seminar at the Naga Regent Hotel last June 28, 2007.

The Araaragitong Leadership Training Seminar at Capitol Pili Camarines Sur, Exclusive to BMHP Members.

Junior Marketing Seminar at University of the Philippines-Diliman Campus. And More! Ateneo has opened me several possibilities for growth and learning.

This is the painting which made me have an A in my Physical science Class. I am a born artist, only that I failed to use it to my own advantage. I attended one art class and practice my skills in several postermaking contests where my work usually emerged first or third (I still wonder why I never ranked second ever).

I am a consistent Dean’s Lister for the first two years in college and President’s Lister in my entire junior and senior year. The picture above shows the awarding of students who belonged to the prestigious President’s List. That’s me. Exhausted with one seminar at the Richie Fernando Hall.. I am not really a studious person I hang out with friends and I enjoy killing time with them through spreading rumors and stuffs like that (haha).
At the E-mall. We skipped Environmental Science Class after Barri treated the entire class for lunch at Starmark. After that, the whole class decided not to attend the afternoon session like a Boycott or something. How cool is that? That’s all for one, one for all! Haha.
Chiwee and I. The most unlikely beer-drinkers. They say were both childish. I took it as a compliment, while chiwee cried. Haha. I remember it’s been an issue when Jeff told Chiwee “Grow up!.” LOL. Anyway, let’s talk about Chiwee. Chiwee is a close friend of mine who is so industrious up to the point of sacrificing the welfare of her friends. In one time, she got mad at me when I was simply asking to have her book photocopied. It took me sometime to understand her. And now, I really do not feel any form of grudge over her. For one, I already made her cry (and that’s enough), and the other, she already has a problem to settle since she already have her very first boyfriend… I just don’t want to add up to that.
Chiwee and I again. The most unlikely readers. “Hey guys! You got the books upside down!” Hahaha.