Sunday, March 16, 2008

SENIORS’ ROAST, IT IS


Before anything else, I’d like to thank the Business Management Honors’ Program Batch 5 for throwing up a party for us seniors. Yeah… We’re so touched… ^__^. Thanks for the unsolicited effort, the really untimely announcement, and the element of surprise which brought us hopelessness that there won’t be a Senior’s Roast this year…

When will you learn batch5? I mean, you’ve been in the program for three years now, and look at you… you’re still a bunch of geeks fighting for grades, prestige and honor. Everyone seemed to have been inflicted by the Greed virus, leading to individualism, lesser interpersonalism and selfishness… I hate to criticize the way you treat one another… but it just seemed to ring a bell especially now that we are involved. We were apathetic decades ago, but we have managed to change ourselves and strive for a better perspective. And you, you stayed in the realm of ‘I-don’t-care-about-what-the-world-thinks-of-me” thing. You ought to stay indifferent… weird… and distant. Sigh. Some of you didn’t even know what each other’s surname is. Haha.

Okay. Going back… I said you never learned and I’m standing by it. The core concept of marketing is to establish a medium to reach out to the market. In this case, we are the market; you are the advertiser and event organizer. We can actually let go of the ‘not-so-good” event primarily because of the conflicting subgroups within the batch leading to lesser synergy. But, at our own risk??? For once, try to work as one… and prove to yourself that you can be able to reach not just academic standards but also the social standards…

WE MADE A DEMAND. We constantly remind your batch to organize the party since it has already been a tradition. Most of you nodded with a simple smile of doubt, some said to ask other batch5 members, and others simply pretended not to hear us. Great. As the market, we must be able to see that we are given due attention. We have laid down the demand, in such case, a party, but you have seemed to ignore it. This day, if I bumped into one of the batch5 members, I bet they would be really defensive saying, “I told you, it’s a surprise.” Yeah, right. Marketing is about identifying the market and assessing what is their major demand. We, the market, made it easy for you. You should have been at least considerate to honor our demand and not let go of it.
THE MARKET IS NOT WELL-STUDIED. We currently are having internal conflicts which, I must say, are major factors for the success of the event. These conflicts range from simple friendly quarrels, to those involving legal intervention. Batch5, being the host of the event, should have seen these as obstacles to fully realize the goal of their ‘so-called’ well-planned event. Sigh. If they only knew.
THE MARKET SEEKS ALTERNATIVES TO SATISFY ITS NEEDS. For the past few months, as we were about to lose grasp of the idea of having a party. In fact, we resorted to letting Batch7 manage. If the tradition only permits, we could have been the ones to manage our own party… only that it sounds weird to have a party as a tribute to ourselves…haha. I would like to thank Batch7 for making us feel that there’s still hope… that we could still have a party we’ve been longing for. (Madramahun)
YOU MADE A WRONG ADVERTISING SCHEME. Guess from whom have I heard the news that there would be a party tomorrow? From Tang… and Tang. I actually saw Glenn, Noel and few other Batch5 members, but they failed to utter even simple words like “HI!” or “Hey! There’s a party tomorrow..” So much for advertising. Another concept in marketing is to make the market feel that a product or services exist. We are the market but no form of formal advertisement was made… just hearsay which is highly questionable, knowing the capacity of batch5 to organize stuffs. That’s why I still do not believe that there is a party or some sort. I received no emails, no text messages, not even direct advertisement. Very good, batch 5.
THE NEED IS TO BE SATISFIED BUT THE MARKET IS NO LONGER IN NEED. Yesterday, Tang told me that there is indeed a party. Yeah sure. But the truth is, I am no longer interested. They have not consulted us about the time and date. I have other priorities you know. They are nothing but pessimistic slowpokes, who are less considerate and who highly acknowledge their swift way of organizing parties even if it’s no longer needed.

Today, I made up my mind. I’m not going to the fuck’n party. Who needs a party when you have your family to be with? My aunties just came back and we’re having some sort of gathering. I chose to be with them than to be with people who just made me feel that I am less important. I see this as a price of freedom for helping out in their E-commerce assignments, for doing their financial statements in BREM, and giving advices in their project plans. God, I’m so kind. ^__^