Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mike: The should-have-been

What would you feel when the thing you desire the most, which was at the palm of your hands, suddenly got swift away? I was on that scenario a month before the graduation. I was an inch close to being a magna cum laude... Too bad I messed up with one of my subjects two years ago. It took me 2 more years to realize how much I screwed my Financial Management subject. I had an 86… (God! This was the highest grade I got when I was on the first grade… didn’t realize it was so damn low for college!). Anyway, my average grade could qualify me as a magna cum laude. But looking at my 86, my aspiration suddenly crashed. If only had another point more… just one! If only it was 87… if only… Sigh. I wanted to blame the teacher, you know… but my pride took over my rationality. I don’t want to beg and kneel for grade… it’s not the sole basis of my dedication towards learning…Besides, the teacher had too much power- he might file a case against me just like what he did with some friend I know. Shhh.. I have nothing against him and I truly respect him… even if the highest he could give was only 88… (in that case, I was the third highest in class… but that wasn’t enough…tsk tsk.). I’ll be okay. I’ll just have to settle to being a Cum Laude- ‘with honors’.