Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sino friends mo doon?

My answer in a job interview:

'I tag along with people who promote the same values as mine. I like it when I am understood and when I am highly respected. However, I am open to understanding other people's culture and behaviors. Learning is an important value for me since it is the key towards holistic growth and development. I am not choosy when it comes to friends. I am very adaptive to the way they think and the way they make decisions. I fully understand the differences and the variety of influences (especially of some factors in the past) that shape every person's individuality. It is not a good decision to limit the persons whom to trust and whom to give genuine care and love. Oftentimes, security in the comfort zone of the bonds of friendship does not offer a great deal of advantage. I believe that people must learn to befriend more people, work with them harmoniously and aspire for excellence. People must learn to live out of the box and discover life's realities as they are often overshadowed by the feeling of belongingness a person's circle of friends give. After all, it is through risking to get to know other people that a person is able to understand himself, know about his environment, develop his interpersonal skills, learn his strengths and weaknesses and use such to his advantage, and ultimately improve his work.'