Monday, March 31, 2008

Excellence Runs in the Blood

My sister, Myka

It’s been know to me that I’ve got cousins who really excel in their own lines of expertise. During graduation rites at Ateneo, I was awarded cum laude while my two cousins were awarded magna cum laude. They were Eleonor Balaquiao, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Sharlyn Mae Papica, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, both were among the only ten magna cum laude of the university. Not to mention my other cousin who took up Nursing and graduated cum laude at Universidad de Sta. Isabel. During this year, I also got a cousin who graduated high school with flying colors as Fourth Honorable Mention at University of Nueva Caceres. My sister Myka, who just started her first year in college was a consistent Dean’s Lister at WorldTech Resources Institute and the head of the secretariat committee of the Bicol Region Tourism Council.