Thursday, March 27, 2008

THE TERRIBLE ADVICE

Being aloof offers one hell of a deal. You are able to keep yourself free from any form of ‘outside intrusions’. Unfortunately, that certain feeling of personal security is often short-lived. Some people try to break the barriers and to collapse the stable walls you built like it’s their some sort of calling or moral obligation. These 'trying-to-help' people as they call themselves ultimately ruin the preservation of your inner tranquility and intrinsic need to be alone. They argue that they’re just concerned and they want to reach out… but for a highly standoffish (sunggo!) individual, there really is no need for that. Oftentimes, people seem to showcase excessive amount of care that isn’t really necessary. Anytime of the day, for instance, as you sit alone reminiscing the happy moments of your past, you’ll be surprised to have a friend approach [disturb] you and throw in the really irritating introductory question, ‘May problema ka?” After that, they will insist on you to answer all their questions until you end up falling on their traps and sharing sentiments. Grr… I really get pissed when this happens… it’s like you just fell on some incantations and hypnosis and you really have no choice but to tell everything. The thing is you’ll realize how stupid you are long enough for your listener to spread rumors about what you shared. Where’s the sense on privacy in that? Sigh. I share whenever and to whoever I want to. I have fully grasped the idea of how individualistic, composed and reserved I am… and this is the reason why I seldom want others to show so much care for me (though sometimes I appreciate it when they do). My reluctance to open up is driven by what other’s call ‘after-effect’, which includes people [wrongly] assessing the situation I am in, judging the appropriateness of my every decision, and giving out unsolicited advices which would often confuse me rather than help me clear my thoughts and burdens. I simply find listening to other’s advices less effective. I don’t know why I trust my own instincts more than others’.