Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sayonara New Found Friends

Wow. This is the end of the line for me. Next week, I’ll be graduating and be officially unemployed. Tsk Tsk. I just hope the world will welcome a newcomer in the cruel reality of business world. Just as I’m about to leave it all behind: the usual school assignments, the harsh professors, the university buildings and ambiance, and the school security guards who often forbid me from entering the school if not in uniform, I can’t help but think of my new found friends who were just starting college. These are the friends I knew for less than a year… and I, just like Apz, wish we’ve shared more time together.

I will never forget Anna who was my neighbor (I didn’t know that she was) and is my constant text mate. Anna is a fragile lass who deserves a lot care and love. She is everyone’s best friend. She never runs out of problems… particularly in school, family and love life. She is the first girl to ever scream at me out of anger. She is sickly and frail, but so energetic when she’s with friends. She keeps a lot of secrets because others really trust her. She knows how to give advices and is very dedicated towards work (SA) and studies. Everyone will agree that she’s a beautiful woman in the making. ^__^

Then goes Mike, my godson. He has chosen me to be his godfather about a year ago during the acquaintance party done at the beach. He is so reserved, choosy when it comes to friends, follows whatever he wants even if others oppose it (like joining Days). He has his own sets of principles that I honestly don’t understand. Once, he auditioned as a housemate in the Philippine Edition of a reality show called Big Brother... and it really surprised us all! We’re complete opposites when it comes to line of thinking, but in the end, we respond to situations the same way. Mike, as he said himself, carries a strong devotion to his pride and arrogance (just like me LOL). He got an amazing appeal that makes girls go ‘ahhhh!!’ and which made him hook some of them (bad).

Then, Carlo, a young lad with a distinctive uhmm… chocolate complexion (yummy!). He is always on the go and is hilarious. There is never a dull moment when I’m with him. He never stops to make others smile. He got an amazing charisma in befriending others even on first sight. He is hospitable (he would offer to buy me Pizza Bread and Four Seasons Juice, or even give lunch treat over their house). He is an amazing dancer, choreographer (once a PE dance instructor), cheerleader (ABBS, during Intramurals). He knows how to have fun, and devotes time to study. In fact, he was among the group who won 3rd Place in the recently concluded Regional Business Plan Competition. Wow!

Kookie Monster. She is the most soft-spoken girl I know. She excels basically in every subject, but I am highly amazed with her skills in math. How cool is that? I once had a crush on her for being really firm and proper. She is always in the serious frown, which often make others rethink about joking around. She’s a bookworm and a good poet and writer. She once made Louie a (laminated) poem for his birthday. She, in contrast with her silent character, loves rock: FOB, Red Jumpsuit, Vanilla Sky, Blink182, Dashboard Confessionals… name it, she listens to it. This girl really rocks! (Thanks for the One Tree Hill DVDs, by the way).