Wednesday, March 26, 2008

THE VERDICT

Uhm. Yesterday, the case filed against my classmate has been closed. Guess what? She won! Whoohooo! That’s just what she and the class needed... lesser burden and lesser things to worry about (well, especially now that we’re all graduating). No more public apologies… and no more shameful accusations. Name’s cleared and all were at peace (okay, not yet but pretty soon, I guess). Yehaa. Guess we’ll be marching our way to the stage with pride and honor after all (not that we’re guilty or anything). Hope those who were so judgmental (uhm… those who aggressively acted even without laid down facts) learn that they’re nothing but sore losers in the quest for truth.

HER MAIN MISTAKE

Once, during the Graduation Awards Committee interview, Jing asked me, ‘Why do I seldom see you with your friends, Mike? You always mingle with Batch 7 and you rarely tag along with Jan and the rest anymore.’ Then, instantly, I answered back, ‘Tanu Jing dai taka barkada? Why do you exclude yourself from my circle of friends? Kaibanan taka baga.’ Then there was a moment of deafening silence. I realized that Jing never really treated me as her ‘barkada’ all these time. I’m a complete stranger to her and an intrusive visitor in here own imaginary world. It’s about time (even too late) to treat her the same way. =P