Thursday, May 01, 2008

At the Gateway of the Real World

By Michael Arevalo, 11:54pm, April 30, 2008, Di Makatulog
Eto ang napapala ng sobrang takot magtrabaho. LOL. Pwede bang mag-apply na poet na lang?

I am in a voyage towards a new wilderness;
From afar, I witness the terrain of the unknown,
Where people say monster creeps and hides;
The place I am bound to be crushed and torn.

The vicious fear engulfs thy whole body,
I feel it in thy nerves rushing to thy swollen heart,
It lays down from thy toes, moving to every part of thee,
Whilst allured in discomfort, I’m vulnerable to part!

Then, with a leap of faith, I took a single step,
Thy mournful chirps, oh yes, is but I can speak
Alas, thy carping tongue uttered a mortal alarm,
‘When wilt thy agony end and success overcome?’

What fear cannot thy strength raise and quell,
Thy trust dwells amidst the harsh wind of fate,
I hope to uncover the light and thy wishes to forbear;
Thy present conquest is yet never beyond compare.

I seek for light as vapors in thy morning dream,
To battle imperviousness; to conquer recklessness,
To be vigor, and act when called for superior bliss,
To be sequacious and adjoin the life-restoring beam!

Bow. (applause!) This is thy thought so perfectly could I represent. But thy sight is failing with thy unruly dizziness. Thy concluding yawn marks my limit to work. Goodnight oh mindful ‘overtime’ companion (tigshutdown ang computer), so long thy greater blaze (inoff na ang lamp shade), and sweet dreams thou handsome poet (inadress sa salamin). Yawn! (At natulog).