Monday, May 12, 2008

Infliction

Mike’s poems are written originally for his own amusement, as they are the products of his leisure moments. He has no intention to have them published (for the moment…LOL). Currently, he writes at the importunity of many of his best, and most generous friends; to whom he considers himself as under the greatest obligations (in short, ‘utang’).
Infliction
Michael B. Arevalo
‘Para sa mga babaeng laging late, at sa mga lalaking nag-eenjoy maghintay sa mahal nilang late.’
For January Luzada, The Queen of Unpunctuality.

The myrtle shade stands witness for thy wait,
Cumulus clouds attest to the unveiling of fate,
With thy patience and hope, I stood and stayed,
Glimpse of thou image cause deception as it fades.

For hours, I was trapped in nature’s stillness,
Used to the agony of waiting, solitary sadness.
Forgot the feeling and meaning of true bliss,
Still hoping thou presence is a realizable wish!

Alas, thy plaintive sigh shook over thy veins,
Wrath covered thy sight, succumbs partial grace
In great retribution, I opposed thy body to recline
But bitter heart, fiery eyes unknowingly conspire!

As thy anger raged, in sinful thoughts I ponder,
Wage war and seek vengeance, things I’m after
But thou splendid smile drove away all I conquer
Tell me why thou charm left thee to surrender?